CBRN HOSPITAL & MEDICAL TRAINING
HAZWOPER for the Health Care Providers
The overall goal of this course is to help hospital based emergency department
personnel understand how to operate at an Hazardous Materials/WMD exposure
and/or response event.
- Identify what hazardous materials are and how they are regulated.
- Determine what the role of the health care worker/agency is in a
hazardous material/WMD event.
- Explain how to recognize the hazardous materials/WMD contaminated
- Describe the different types of personal protective equipment (PPE)
that can be utilized for exposure protection.
- Determine how to properly prepare the hospital/emergency room.
- Identify how to properly decontaminate WMD contaminated patients and
protect hospital personnel.
- Develop proper hospital HazMat/WMD standard operating procedures.