The Structures Specialist is responsible for performing the various structural
assessments for the task force during incident operations. The Structures
Specialist reports directly to the Planning Team Manager.
Specific Topics include:
- Assessing the structural condition within the area of task force operations,
which includes identifying structure types and specific damage and structural
- Recommending the appropriate type and amount of structural hazard
mitigation in order to minimize risks to task force personnel.
- Assisting in the development of task force action plans.
- Cooperating with and assisting other search and rescue resources.
- Providing accountability, maintenance, and minor repairs for all issued
- Performing additional tasks or duties as assigned during a mission.
- Monitoring assigned structure for condition changes while rescue and
recovery operations are proceeding.
- Assuming an active role in implementing approved structural hazard
mitigation as a designer, inspector, and possibly a supervisor.
- Coordinating and communicating the structural related hazard mitigation
with US&R IST/IMT Structural Unit Leader.
Prerequisite: Certified Structural Engineer to receive certification,
Current USAR Team member to receive certificate of attendance.